Syncup up weekly with within each project team to maintain alignment between each individual's next week's path and the project goal.
- 1.What do you want to accomplish this coming week? Use SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable goals that are falsifiable (yes I was able to achieve it/no I was not). Limit the scope of the goal to the individual and hence no dependency. “What do YOU plan to achieve?”Example of a goal that doesn’t work: Working on X with the help of Y.
- 2.Here is what you set as the goal for this week: <copy data from last syncup>What did actually get accomplished this week? This section is for your observation only. Use this for self-feedback. Include:
Reality != Being conservative. Reality != Heroism. Reality = Truth. Use this data to improve #1.
- 1.Status check of progress on line items from the last Syncup.
- 1.Mention progress, not motion.
- 2.Add things that weren't planned but occurred.
- 2.Address work-related status first. Then extend it to all else that occurred during the week.
- 3.Blockers faced in this week Understanding the problem completely is the solution itself.